Mr Lee Hui Huan
- Adjunct Senior Lecturer, NUS
- Former Chief Interpreter of Parliament (retired)
- Interpreted for “live” telecast of National Day Rally speeches of all the 3 Prime Ministers of Singapore at since 1987.
- Official Interpreter for Prime Minister and Ministers for official visits to China, and visits to Singapore by top leaders of China.
- Accredited Free-lance Interpreter for United Nations (ESCAP, FAO, UNDP, UNESCO, World Bank)
- Conference Interpreter at international conferences: APEC, World Economic Forum, Forbes Global CEO Summit, etc.
- The first Singaporean Professional Member of International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), admitted 1989.
Education: BA (with Distinction) (Chinese Language & Culture), Beijing Language University, China
Research Interests and/or expertise:
- Parliament interpreting
- Conference interpreting
- Characteristics of Interpreting Political Speeches in Singapore
- Best practice in Interpreting between English and Mandarin/Hokkien/Cantonese