The Han Suyin Scholarship Fund (In Translation Studies)
NTU received over S$500K from external donors to set up the Han Suyin Scholarship Fund (In Translation Studies) in November 2013. This endowment fund will go towards supporting and developing the culture of significant translation works between English and Chinese languages.
The Fund is open to needy students pursuing the Master of Arts in Translation and Interpretation (MTI) Programme or an undergraduate degree, Minor in Translation at the Division of Chinese, School of Humanities, NTU.
The objectives of the Fund are:
- to support and develop the culture of significant translation endeavours between the English and Chinese languages;
- to promote appreciation and recognition of excellence in translation works;
- to expand the capacity and range of translation teaching and advising within the School of Humanities and School of Social Sciences;
- to connect faculty and students to the core activities of translation excellence.
Donations to the existing or new scholarship funds are always welcome.
For donation, please contact the Manager of MTI Programme.
* If Faculty and Staff who wish to make a gift via salary deductions, please write it down manually on the donation form.
The MTI programme welcomes internship opportunities for its students from both public and private sectors. So far the programme has engaged its students in translation and conference interpretation work provided by various local institutions for them to work as part-time research students or free lancers.