Below are some of the key expertises within each subject areas. Visit each subject areas to view our faculty profile, their research interests and more.
- Chinese literature, languge, history and philosophy
- Chinese overseas and their languages, culture and history
- Cultural studies of China and Singapore
American Literature; Asian American Literature and Film; Contemporary Literature & Drama; Creative Writing & Poetry; English Renaissance Literature; Film Studies and Asian Cinema; Gender Studies; Historical Materialism; Performance Studies; Post-Jungian Psychology and Literature; Science and Literature; Shakespeare; Victorian Literature and more....
Chinese Diaspora; Cold War in Asia; Contemporary and Modern East, South, and Southeast Asian History; Global Health; Historiography; History of Singapore, History of Medicine, Science, Technology, and Sustainability; Maritime History; Migration History; Modern and Contemporary China; Sino-Southeast Asian Studies; The United States and Asia.
||Linguistics and Multilingual Studies|
- Language and Cognition
- Documenting Endangered Languages and Culture
- Investigating Conversational Interaction
- Shifting Identities in Local and Global Interaction
- Computational Linguistics
Chinese Philosophy, Philosophy of Science